I was officially diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder in 2000; at the ripe old age of 19. I'd always shown all symptoms of BPD, but didn't know what I had, because I'd never HEARD of it! So having a diagnoses was quite the relief. Fast forward ten years: I'm still here, and still battling this disorder. I didn't know of any treatment options (aside from meds) for many years. I only recently learned about DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy). I've now been referred to start it, and I'm also going to a psychiatrist, on recommendation of the therapist. Buuuut, to top it off, I'm now looking down the barrel of a Bipolar diagnoses, as well. Oh lordy. I guess that means I really AM batshit crazy! So, I'm guessing Lithium will be in my near future. As long as it takes away these horrible feelings, and makes me seem 'normal', then it's worth it. I'm so tired of emotionally clinging to others, to the point of humiliation. Mood swings from ecstatic and productive, to depressed and reclusive. All I can do is wait and see. I've been waiting more than ten years...what's another few months, right? =)
No comments:
Post a Comment